The Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator is a tool that helps pregnant women determine how much weight they should gain during their pregnancy based on their pre-pregnancy weight, current weight, height, and weeks pregnant. The calculator uses the guidelines from the Institute of Medicine to provide a recommended weight gain range for each stage of pregnancy based on the mother’s pre-pregnancy BMI. The calculator also provides a total weight gain range based on the mother’s pre-pregnancy BMI.
To use the Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator, follow these steps:
- Enter your pre-pregnancy weight in either kilograms or pounds.
- Enter your current weight in either kilograms or pounds.
- Enter your height in either centimeters or inches.
- Enter the number of weeks pregnant you currently are.
- Select the unit of measurement you prefer for your weight (kilograms or pounds).
- Click the “Calculate” button.
The calculator will then display the following information:
- The amount of weight you have gained since your pre-pregnancy weight.
- The recommended weight gain range for your stage of pregnancy based on your pre-pregnancy BMI.
- The total weight gain range recommended for your pre-pregnancy BMI, displayed in both kilograms and pounds.
It’s important to note that the calculator provides general guidelines for weight gain during pregnancy, and individual weight gain may vary based on factors such as pre-existing medical conditions or carrying multiple fetuses. It’s always a good idea to speak with your healthcare provider about your specific needs and recommendations for weight gain during pregnancy.